Premises Liability

When you have been injured on someone else's property, your case is generally considered under the umbrella of premises liability. In a nutshell, the property owner or tenant might be liable for damages in a premises liability case if they were aware of or should have been aware of a dangerous condition on their property and failed to correct it. An experienced personal injury attorney can assist.

The classic premises liability case is the slip-and-fall injury. Someone is injured by slipping or tripping on a hazard that the property owner knew about or should have known about. This could be a slippery floor at a store or an icy or uneven sidewalk in front of a building, for example. At The Carnell Law Firm in metro Atlanta, we are committed to helping people who have suffered personal injury as a result of a premises liability incident.

Know Your Rights When You've Been Hurt On Someone's Property

Slipping and falling as a result of a wet floor, icy sidewalk or other hazard is not the only way someone might be involved in a premises liability case. You might wish to speak with a lawyer if you or a loved one is hurt in any number of ways:

  • Negligent security at a bar or nightclub
  • Incidents in parking lots
  • Criminal acts committed on properties by third parties such as theft, robbery or assault

In addition, children can be injured as a result of playing on defective or damaged playground equipment. Also, kids might be drawn to something that might look like fun but is actually dangerous — what is known as an "attractive nuisance." This could be in the form of a ladder left propped up against a building, a swimming pool or other water source left accessible by an unlocked gate or missing fence, or any number of other hazards.

Contact our firm when you or someone in your family has been injured on someone else's property. We'll assess your situation and let you know if you have a viable case. Call today at 770-729-4809 or email us your contact information.